Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Withdrawal symptoms

All of a sudden, autumn came and I've caught a slight cold. Lately I've exercised so much that after a four day period without exercise I already feel restless and cranky. Therefore I ran 10 km on the way to work this morning, even though I have a fluey feeling in my throat. Ahh... sweet endorphines.

Sometimes I get the impression that the unenlightened (i.e. non-exercisers) think that exercise is suffering, something painful that you have to force yourself to do, and you get a reward afterwards if you do. They don't understand that exercise already is the reward, and the good feeling and fitness is a second reward. Running is enjoyable, after you've practiced a bit. So is bicycling. Even though it is hard. Or possibly because of it.

No comments: