Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Commuting via detour

Yesterday morning I took again a pleasant, yet uneventful ride to Kerava before going to work. The tarmac on Vanha Lahdentie is getting quite rough on the sides of the road. This summer, they've put new surface on the strips where car tires go, so I have to assume that they're not planning to fix the surface properly in the near future. Rats. But luckily, it gets better north of Kerava.

Although I hate to complain all the time, I must wonder about the road to Porvoo. When they've put a roughened strip on the side of the road that's supposed to wake up drivers if they drift too far right, they put it on the right side of the white line, in the middle of the strip where bicyclists should go! Why? There should be bicyclists as decision-makers in whichever instance it is dealing with these things. When I picture in my mind an official deciding on road maintenance, which I often seem to do, it's always an overweight, Volvo-driving, middle-aged bloke who hasn't ridden a bicycle in 40 years.

Ok, maybe I don't hate complaining so much. In fact, I like it somewhat. And I've got loads of complaints left. But not today, let's leave something for other blog posts...

Distance: 61.9 km
Time: 2:05
Avg: 29.5 km/h

No comments: