Friday, August 15, 2008

Bike pictures

Ok, I admit it, this blog has gotten very boring lately. Well, perhaps it's never been very interesting. Anyway, here are some pictures of my bike to cheer it up. Pictures are nice, and probably much easier to digest than the training diary that this blog essentially is.



Peugeot Aravis, 12 speeds, from late eighties (don't know the exact year). In original condition except for the tires, pedals and a few accessories.



The saddle is original too. I've just bought a newer one, we'll see if it's any more comfortable than this one, which has worked ok for me this far. And, as you can see, it's set quite high, because the frame is slightly too small for me.


The frame is made of "Reynolds 501 cromalloy", which, I suppose, is a less professional material than "Reynolds 531 professionnel", which Peugeot Aravis bikes are also known to be made of.


White components are nice, but also prone to get dirty easily. The brand of the cranks and some other components is Stronglight...


... and the derailleurs are Sachs-Huret.

I've googled hard to find any information of my bike, but there doesn't seem to be much available. The best pages I've found so far are
And, as it seems, if you google "Peugeot Aravis" today, my blog is the third result. Welcome to one of the leading information sources on Peugeot bicycles today!

1 comment:

Hoke said...

Here's with same components: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerndgo/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Peugeot_1987_French_Brochure_Dolomites_Aravis_BikeBoomPeugeot.JPG

I have same kind of bike but frame is red/white.