Monday, July 28, 2008

Confidence grows

I got my bike back from Kajaani last week. Matkahuolto managed to transport my bike undamaged and the cost wasn't too much, only about 17 €. Nevertheless, I could have avoided a lot of hassle had I been able to afford a bike rack for my car.

Last week, I commuted to work by several different means. One morning I took a 50 km detour to Kerava by bike, on other I ran for about an hour and once I rollerskated. It seems that the morning is the best time for me to exercise. There usually is no spare time in the evenings.

Yesterday, I took a morning ride to Porvoo, about a 100 km. For once, the wind was behind my back when returning home. The weather was excellent and the traffic was nearly non-existent (because a stretch of the road was under construction). Riding felt light and blissful, much like in my bicycling dreams.

Distance: 100.9 km
Time: 3:24
Avg: 29.5 km/h

No comments: