Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Media appearances

I was recently informed that I made an appearance in the Tour de Helsinki 2008 video clip, and indeed, at 00:54, I got my one second of international internet famousness. Damn, I'm not content with that, I want more! Where's the 14 minutes and 59 seconds of my 15 minutes in the spotlight? I'm legally entitled to have it just like everyone else!

Ok, my ego is soothened somewhat by the fact that I appear in several pictures in this gallery of pictures from the Sveitsin-ajo. However, you might need the magnifying lense feature to see me. I'm the bloke in the Kraftwerk jersey that's coloured like the flag of France. Yes, the same one I wore in the TdH 2008. In case you're wondering, I do have another jersey as well, but as it is black, and my new bike is black, I didn't want to look like some bicycling ninja, or be called Blackie.

Oh yeah, and the results from the Sveitsin-ajo are being typed in as I'm writing this. The guy who's doing it hasn't gotten to yours truly yet at the moment. It's nice, however, that they're saving every now and then while typing. It's exciting to keep refreshing the browser and waiting for myself to appear.

It seems that the fastest group rode the distance in 2:37:54, i.e. some 27 minutes faster than me, or at the average speed of 38.4 km/h. Hmm... no, I'll never be able to do 100 km at that speed. It would take an insane amount of practice to do that. Perhaps, if I won the lottery, and I didn't have to work anymore, I could take the time to practice that much, but otherwise, there's not a possibility. Ok, if there's a 100 km downhill somewhere and there's a strong tailwind, then it's possible. But not in a real-world scenario.

No comments: