Sunday, June 22, 2008

Endorphine morning

This morning I outsmarted the forces of nature by going on a ride at 6:45, before the wind had risen. I cycled about 40 km to one direction, then came back. Riding felt light. Well, of course there was some headwind on the way back, there always seems to be, but this time it was not a spirit-defeating, hope-crushing one. On the way out the average speed was slightly above 30 km/h, on the way back slightly under. But when I got home, I felt I could easily go on cycling. I wasn't totally spaghettied out as I've often been. Maybe riding in the 30 km/h group in Tour de Helsinki isn't a totally impossible objective...

Today I rode mainly on the side of the road instead of the cycle path. It was much nicer, even though the surface of the road was often quite uneven. And the traffic was nearly non-existent at the hour, so the road was all mine. I say, it might not be a bad thing if the oil ran out altogether...

Distance: 81.7 km
Time: 2:49
Avg: 28.9 km/h

No comments: