Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Budget cyclist's lists of things

Yesterday there was a truck parked on the light traffic pathway, blocking all but a 30 cm strip of it. The driver had apparently pulled over there to speak on the mobile. I inched past it, cursing to myself.

Today there was a car parked on the light traffic pathway, blocking all but a 15 cm strip of it. The driver was loading some stuff in the trunk. I had to jump off and on the curb in order to get past the car. I pointed out to the driver that he'd parked on the bike lane. "Yeah, yeah", he replied.

Both of these drivers just made my list of enemies.

Budget cyclist's list of enemies (short version)
Then there's the list of entities who I don't quite consider enemies yet, but am watching closely.

Budget cyclist's list of not-quite-trustworthy entities
  • the police
  • the legislators (a.k.a. The Man)
  • teenagers
  • dog owners
  • SUV drivers
But I'm not totally paranoid & pessimist. I also have a list of things I like.

Budget cyclist's list of likes

And, for the sake of completeness, there's yet another list.

Budget cyclist's list of "meh"

  • everything else.

No comments: